Legacy Agripartners values the importance of personal privacy. This policy describes how Legacy Agripartners (“we”, “us”, or “our”) collects, uses, and shares personal information in connection with this website (the “Site”). This policy does not apply to products or services provided, or information obtained, other than through the Site. You can jump to particular topics by going to the headings below:
Types of Information We Collect
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
Types of Data
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data
When you register for an account on our Site, we collect your name, email address, and mailing address. We may also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account. If you choose to provide it, we may also collect information such as product and services preferences.
We use this information to provide account related functionalities to our users. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences and transaction history. By registering, you are automatically enrolled in our mailing list.
We use first party cookies and other methods to track site activity. See our Cookie Section for more information. We also use third party cookies and other methods to track site activity and disclose it with third parties.
First party cookies gather information so you can make a purchase. They are also used to provide you with a better shopping experience. Third party cookies gather information to engage in behavior-based advertising and capture website analytics.
We may collect personal information, such as your age, location, and gender.
We use this information to comply with applicable laws, and to better understand our users and provide tailored services.
If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.
We use this information to understand how you interact with our communications to you.
If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.
We use this information in order to receive, and act upon, your feedback or issues.
When you make a purchase or register, or request that we add you to our mailing list, we collect your email address and/or postal address.
We share information about our products and services with those on our mailing list.
We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device.
We use this information to identify unique visitors and understand how users interact with us on their mobile devices.
We collect your name, email address, mailing address, company (optional), and birth day (optional) for distribution of the Legacy Seeds catalogue.
We use this information to deliver the Legacy Seeds catalogue.
We collect your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card information when you place an order.
We use your information to perform our contract to provide you with products or services. By ordering, you are automatically enrolled in our mailing lists.
We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.
We use this information to fulfil our promotions.
Ratings and Reviews
When you rate or review us or our products, we collect any information you provide as part of that rating or review.
We use this information to improve and provide feedback on products.
We use this information to understand your opinions and collect information relevant to our organization.
We use technology to monitor how you access and interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.
We use this information to understand how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.
We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.
We use this information to monitor our networks and understand behavior patterns of visitors to our websites. This allows us to improve our browse and shopping experiences.
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
Use and Processing of Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our Site
- To provide products and services and to administer your account
- To improve our services and product offerings
- To streamline the checkout process
- To conduct analytics
- To respond to inquiries related to support or other requests
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships
- To comply with legal obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, and to defend against a legal claim.
- To provide and maintain the functionality of our Site, including identifying and repairing errors or problems.
Cookies and Other Information Collecting Technologies
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file placed onto your device that enables a variety of features and functionality. We use first party cookies and other similar technologies to ensure everyone who uses our website has the best possible experience. We also use them to customize your shopping experience as well as for marketing and advertising.
How are cookies used for advertising purposes? We use third party cookies and other ad technologies such as beacons, pixels, and tags help us to cater ads to your interests. They also help us provide aggregated auditing, research, and reporting for advertisers and to understand and improve our products and services. Our Site uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. If you sign in as a registered user, we may use your user ID in combination with Google Universal Analytics and Google Analytics to track and analyze the pages you visit.
Controlling cookies. Most browsers allow you to control and erase cookies through their settings preferences. However, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience, since it will no longer be personalized to you. Additionally, Site users who do not want their data collected with Google Analytics can visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the Google Analytics opt-out add-on for your browser: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Keep in mind that, if you opt out of interest-based advertising on our Site, you may still see customized advertising displayed by advertising networks from which you have not opted out. In addition, your opt out will not prevent any advertising network from displaying advertising that is not customized to you and your interests and, consequently, may be less relevant to you. Please also note that you will need to make such choices on each browser and device you may use to visit our website.
Disclosing of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may disclose information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also disclose information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to disclose your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Compliance with Law or Other Legal Process. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also disclose your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Public Forums. Our Site may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publicly available.
- Service Providers. We disclose your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, collect data for analysis purposes, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
Pursuant to applicable data protection law, you can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access to Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. Note that California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we disclose with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing.
- Deletion of Your Personal Information. You may request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
- Promotional Emails. We send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as occasional targeted offers from third parties. You are automatically subscribed to these emails when you make a purchase or account with us. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Catalogues and Ground Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us (our contact information is below) with “NO GROUND MAIL” in the subject line along with your name, and address. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
- Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
In order to process a request to access, modify, or delete your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 866-791-6390. We must be able to verify your identity to make sure you are the person about whom we have collected personal information or an authorized representative. Depending on the type of request, we may conduct the verification process by email or phone using information that matches our records. The information you must provide as part of the verification process may include: name, contact information (such as email address or phone number), relationship with us, and residency. We may also ask for additional information as needed based on your relationship with us. If you are a California resident, you may designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf to access or delete your personal information. To do so, you must (1) provide that authorized agent written, signed, and notarized permission to submit such request, and (2) verify your own identity directly with us.
In some cases, we may limit or deny your requests to access, modify, or delete your information, or to revoke consent or object. This may occur because the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
How We Protect Personal Information
Protecting your personal information is important to us. While we work to protect your information, a breach may still happen. In the event of a breach that we are required by law to inform you of, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
If you choose to create an online account, you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Other Important Information
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Third Party Applications/Websites. Our website may include links to websites or applications that are owned or operated by third parties. Please note that any personal information that you provide to such third parties will be governed by their privacy policies, and we have no control over or responsibility for their privacy practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party website or application for details about what information is collected and how it is used and/or disclosed prior to providing any personal information.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
290 Depot Street
P.O. Box 288
Scandinavia, WI 54977
Effective Date: September 27, 2021
Last Updated: September 27, 2021